OPPORTUNITIES TO HELP
Contribute as a volunteer to help build a community for everyone. Here are some examples of volunteering at the Bountiful Basket:
- Food Pick Up – Go along with one other volunteer to pick up donated food in Chaska and Chanhassen. Light lifting required moving food to the van and into the food shelf. Volunteers needed Mon., Tues., Wed., Fri., and Sat. Mornings. You pick the day!
- Client Assistance – Work a
half day 4 hourshift at the Bountiful Basket escorting clients as they pick up their monthly food allotment. Great way to meet clients as well as fellow volunteers.
- Front desk – Schedule appointments and greet clients during open hours.
- Food Warehouse – Box donated food and situate in
warehouse. Break down cardboard and assist with food donations to . building
- Serve on the Bountiful Basket Food Shelf Board. Evening meetings are once a month.
Other examples of what Bountiful Basket volunteers do:
Organize a food drive at your place of work.
Ask how you can help at your church with their ministry efforts in the area of helping those who are disadvantaged.
Conduct a food drive with your youth organization that includes a trip to the Bountiful Basket to see how it all works.
Assist the Bountiful Basket Food Shelf in marketing and communicating what we do to help those who may not know about us while at the same time educating others of the opportunity to give.
Participate in our annual fundraiser, “Neighbors That Care – Share.”