Current Job Opportunity
Bountiful Basket Food Shelf Executive Director
The Bountiful Basket Food Shelf of Eastern Carver County is seeking an individual to fill the position of Executive Director. This is a full time job with benefits with a salary range of $55,000 – $65,000. This is an excellent opportunity to work with a dedicated volunteer Board and staff to help build community by helping those who are in need of food assistance.
This position will stay opened until filled. Applications can be submitted to: Board Chairman Tom Redman, Bountiful Basket Food Shelf, 1600 Bavaria Road, Chaska, MN. 55318.
Bountiful Basket Food Shelf Executive Director
The Executive Director’s role:
The Bountiful Basket Food Shelf Executive Director will be a mighty army of one in collaboration with a dedicated Board of Directors and volunteer staff. As the Executive Director, you will oversee everything from helping with the strategic visioning and planning with the Board to running the food shelf on a daily basis. Responsibilities include developing and executing policies, facilitating food orders, coordinating food rescue pick ups, managing existing community partners, helping to identify new community partners, improving out reach to food shelf customers, managing the social media accounts, participating in marketing and fundraising, administer food shelf finances and reporting obligations, and speaking at local schools, businesses, and governmental meetings. Food shelf experience a plus but not a requirement for this job!
Salary: $55,000 to $65,000 salaried full time position with salary to be predicated on qualifications and experience. Health care benefits and paid time off provided. The Executive Director will report to the Board of Directors.
Food shelf operations
- Advertising, hiring, training and supervising volunteers as necessary for efficient operations.
- Overseeing food procurement via food rescue partners, purchasing and donations.
- Manage records and book keeping as needed to maintain statistics that are typical to food shelf operations.
- Create and maintain those quality customer service aspects that focus on fairness and kindness for all and which values diversity and inclusion.
- Responsible for food safety, health, and TEFAP regulations.
- Communicates effectively with the Board of Directors with timely and accurate information via monthly board packets/information for board meetings.
- Makes certain computer software and hardware systems run effectively for food shelf finances and operations.
- Make recommendation on fiscal year budget expenses and revenues.
- Manage annual/monthly budget as adopted by the Board and work with the financial agency that Bountiful Basket Food Shelf contracts with.
- Pursue fundraising and grant opportunities as available and necessary for the benefit of the Bountiful Basket.
- Maintain existing partnerships and build new partnerships including those with Eastern Carver County churches, non-profits organizations, schools and civic organizations.
- Maintain existing and seek out new mobile food partnerships to help bring food to those who are in need of food assistance.
- Pursue community engagement opportunities through area newspapers, social media, and speaking engagements.
Visioning and Strategic Planning
- Participate with the Board, staff, and community in meeting the mission statement while exploring new opportunities that will allow the food shelf to better serve all individuals and families with food needs in Eastern Carver County.
- We are seeking an individual with a college degree and at least 3 years of previous non-profit experience in managing volunteers, identifying strategy, administering daily operations and working effectively with a Board of Directors.
- Experience with marketing, fundraising, and personnel.
- Computer savvy.
- Demonstrates strong work ethic that is based on leading by example while being highly organized, detail oriented and with an ability to multi task.
- Comfortable with public speaking. Familiar with social media and traditional marketing.
- Compassionate, empathetic, and positive in working with volunteers, clients, and donors.
- A strong interest if not a passion for wanting to help people who are in need of food assistance.
Basic information on Bountiful Basket Food Shelf
The Bountiful Basket serves primarily the residents of Carver, Chanhassen, Chaska, and Victoria. Nearly 500 families are served each month in addition to a robust mobile food program with many non-profit partnerships. The Bountiful Basket is open on all weekdays other than Thursday and on the first and third Saturday morning of each week. For more information visit us at www.bountifulbasketfoodshelf.org.
The Bountiful Basket Food Shelf is an equal opportunity employer and is a workplace free from discrimination, harassment, and violence.