Current Job Opportunity
Bountiful Basket Food Shelf Manager
The Bountiful Basket Food Shelf of Eastern Carver County is seeking an individual to fill a newly created position of Food Shelf Manager. The 30 hour per week on-site job is a wonderful opportunity to work with a dedicated volunteer staff and to help build community by helping those who are in need of food assistance.
Application deadline: March 26, 2021.
Bountiful Basket Food Shelf Manager (new position)
Job Summary: The Bountiful Basket Food Shelf Manager will be responsible for the management duties of the food shelf including volunteers, budget, programming, communications, and partnerships. The Manager will report to the Board of Directors and work with the Board on visioning and strategic planning as it relates to the mission statement.
Position Structure: The position is structured at 30 hours per week on-site.
Salary: Range of $21.00 to $25.00 per hour.
Food shelf operations
• Advertising, hiring, training, and supervising volunteers as necessary for efficient operations.
• Overseeing food procurement including via food rescue partners, purchasing, and donations.
• Manage records and bookkeeping as needed to maintain statistics that are typical to food shelf operations.
• Create as necessary and maintain quality customer service aspects that focuses on fairness and kindness and values diversity and inclusion.
• Responsible for food safety, health, and TEFAP regulations.
• Responsible for communicating to the Board in a timely manner for what will allow the Board to make informed decisions.
• Make recommendations on fiscal year budget expenses and revenues.
• Manage annual/monthly budget as adopted by the Board.
• Provide monthly and annual budgetary reports for the Board.
• Pursue fundraising and grant opportunities as available and beneficial to the food shelf.
• Maintain existing partnerships and build new partnerships including with Eastern Carver County churches, non-profits organizations, schools, and civic organizations.
• Maintain existing and seek out new mobile food partnerships to bring food to those who need food assistance.
• Pursue community engagement opportunities through area newspapers, social media, and speaking engagements.
Visioning and Strategic Planning
• Participate with the Board, staff, and community in meeting the mission statement while exploring new opportunities that will allow the food shelf to better serve all individuals and families with food needs in Eastern Carver County.
• College degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
• 5 years management experience that includes supervision of paid staff or volunteers and working with a Board of Directors.
• Experience in managing budgets, fundraisers, and record keeping.
• Demonstrated ability and understanding of the servant leadership model of management.
• Demonstrates a strong work ethic that is in part based on leading by example.
• Strength and skill in communicating both orally and in written form including public speaking.
• Being bi-lingual in different languages.
• Experience in the volunteer and non-profit sector.
Basic information on Bountiful Basket Food Shelf
The Bountiful Basket serves primarily the residents of Carver, Chanhassen, Chaska, and Victoria. Nearly 500 families are served each month in addition to a robust mobile food program with many non-profit partnerships. The Bountiful Basket is open weekdays other than Thursday and on the first and third Saturday morning of each week. For more information visit us at www.bountifulbasketfoodshelf.org.
The Bountiful Basket Food Shelf is an equal opportunity employer and as a workplace is free from discrimination, harassment, and violence.