MN FoodShare March Campaign
Now in it’s 43rd year, this grassroots campaign was designed to bring awareness to the need of local food shelves and most importantly, to collect food and funds during a time when food shelves’ inventory is at their lowest. This campaign brings together organizations, businesses, faith communities and individuals to support more than 300 food shelves statewide.
MN FoodShare March Campaign runs from February 26 – April 6, 2024.
All donations, food and funds, are proportionately matched. The more we raise, the more we receive!
Why get involved?
Last year, Bountiful Basket saw an unprecedented demand for food services with a 90% increase in the number of individuals served over the year prior. Bountiful Basket Food Shelf Food is not alone, as food insecurity is increasing across Minnesota. According to Hunger Solutions, the number of people visiting food shelves throughout Minnesota is up overall by 32%; that is equal to more than two million more visits throughout Minnesota last year compared to the previous year.
How to get involved with MN FoodShare March Campaign
- Donate Funds: With our buying power, we can stretch your dollars up to 10x! Donate here.
- Donate Food: View our Current Needs List.
- Host a Food or Fund Drive: Food drives are a great way to get the community involved. Now is the time to start planning your March event. Consider engaging your co-workers, congregants, classmates, friends and neighbors.
- Donate a Silent Auction Item: New this year – Bountiful Basket will be hosting an online silent auction! To donate, either contact firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out this form and bring or mail item to Bountiful Basket Food Shelf.
- Sponsor the Silent Auction. Your donation of $1,000+ towards our MN FoodShare March Campaign automatically qualifies you as an auction sponsor. All sponsors will have their logo displayed on the silent auction platform, Bountiful Basket MN FoodShare March Campaign webpage and will be posted on Bountiful Basket social media outlets. To become a sponsor, make your donation here and/or contact email@example.com to let her know.
New this year – an online silent auction! Silent auction will run Thursday, March 14 through Thursday, March 21.
Do you have any items you’d like to donate? If so, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out this form and bring to Bountiful Basket Food Shelf | 1600 Bavaria Rd, Chaska MN 55318 or 300 Church E, Cologne, MN 55322 during operating hours (see hours below.)
We invite you to become a MN FoodShare silent auction sponsor! All MN FoodShare donations of $1,000+ automatically qualify as an auction sponsor. All sponsors will have their logo displayed on the silent auction platform, Bountiful Basket MN FoodShare March Campaign website and will be posted on social media outlets. Most importantly, all funds will go directly to our variety of food programs ensuring that everyone has access to healthy nutritious food!
Interested?To become a sponsor, make your donation here and/or contact email@example.com to let her know.